RONIN – #bladerunnin
In feudal Japan (1185-1868), a rōnin (Japanese: 浪人, ‘drifter’ or ‘wanderer’, lit. ’a person of the waves’) was a samurai who had no lord or master.
Light and fast! Starting from 1 kg and 5L packed, the RONIN is our ultimate single surface to run and fly. And run. And fly. Nothing can stop you.
No gods, no masters!
The RONIN was a wandering samurai who had no lord or master. Our glider follows the same path. It is intended for pilots looking for a single surface but with a more radical flying style. Combining the lowest weight and packing volume with the highest durability, the RONIN is made for running and flying – boundless, fast, with no order or restrictions: free in what you do! Break your own rules!Stephan Stiegler
Construction & Features
- Double coated Dominico DOKDO 10D, doubled seams and etching tape on edges: robustness is the key.
- The lines are unsheathed Aramid 8001 Magix Pro Dry, hydrophobic and color-coded. Solidity has never been so easy to untangle.
- The use of Nitinol rods not only saves weight and increases robustness, it also allows a super compact folding… To always slip it into your rucksack.
- Leading edge and trailing edge are with mylar-border bands for structural strength. As well, this ensures the wing’s flying behavior.
- On the leading edge, ground attachment loops can be used to prevent the paraglider from slipping on a steep and/or slippery slope (snow).
- Inspired by aerodynamics design in cycling, the RONIN introduced a new profile named Kammtail
Technical Specifications & Colors
Light and fast! The RONIN is a versatile single surface glider depending on its weight loading. Choose the size that fits best to your favorite flying style, abilities or demands: from intermediate pilot to speed-flyer. Grab your RONIN and go runnin!
|Area | Flat (m2)||12,18||13,80||16,06||18,53|
|Area | Projected (m2)||10,32||11,70||13,61||15,71|
|Span | Flat (m)||7,78||8,28||8,94||9,60|
|Span | Projected (m)||6,14||6,54||7,06||7,58|
|Aspect ratio | Flat||4,97||4,97||4,97||4,97|
|Aspect ratio | Projected||3,66||3,66||3,66||3,66|
|Takeoff weight (kg) EN 926-2|
|55 – 68|
|60 – 75|
|65 – 82|
|70 – 90|
|Extended takeoff weight (kg)|
|68 – 95||75 – 100||82 – 110||90 – 120|
EN 926-2 = prova de vol
EN 926-1 = prova de càrrega i xoc
El RONIN té un rang de pes estàndard certificat (EN 926-2, per exemple EN-B) i un rang de pes estès que està cobert per la EN 926-1 (prova de càrrega). En el primer, el parapent vola en estil intermedi i ja és força ràpid. En aquest últim, el parapent està més carregat i, per tant, la velocitat és molt superior, per tant requereix bones habilitats per a l’enlairament i l’aterratge.
• Dominico DOKDO-10DSF double coated 25 g/m2
• Top lines: Edelrid 8001/U
• Middle Lines: Edelrid 8001/U
• Main Lines: Edelrid 8001/U
Risers: EDELRID Taurus – ~3,7mm Dyneema Rope
Maillons: AirDesign Soft-Links
We work hard on every model to be able to maintain the behavior of the glider in terms of flying, and also outside the flight envelope, for all the certified weights, starting by the smallest ones. The certification of most of our wings starts at 50 kg because we chose to announce only what we have actually tested. And above all, because we make sure that the glider is efficient, secure and fun at this load and this is as important as the certification itself! Our aim is to have light pilots find the same pleasure to fly as heavier ones.
Speed Chart (Trimspeed)
- UFO Airpack
- Repair Materials and AirDesign Stickers